Macaw 1.5 – The code-savvy web design tool
Stop writing code. Start drawing it.
Macaw provides the same flexibility as your favorite image editor but also writes semantic HTML and remarkably succinct CSS. It’s time to expect more from a web design tool.
Fluid canvas and grid
Macaw is engineered for fluid widths. Resize the canvas and your grids and elements will update accordingly.
Designing for different device sizes is tricky. Macaw lets you define arbitrary breakpoints and tweak properties for that specific width.
Macaw gives you access to your system fonts, a full library of web fonts and even allows you to pull in Typekit fonts. It also provides useful calculations like characters per line.
Building clickable prototypes in Macaw is as easy as clicking on a target, but it doesn’t stop there. You can also add more dynamic interactions with the scripting palette. Macaw will even autogenerate templates and jQuery variables for you.
Design more with less
Macaw lets you save common styles so that you can quickly apply them to elements across your document. Once applied, you can update all of the elements at once with the style editor.
Reusable components and assets
Have a complex element that you need to use on multiple pages? With Macaw you can store it in your library as a component and drag it on to any other page in your project.
Rich Text Editing
You can now add span, anchor (links), em and strong tag nodes and style them inside your text elements. The rich text styles are also responsive and they can have states as well. To get started begin editing a text element, select some text, add a node and style away.
Now you can define hover, focus and active states for each of your elements. Macaw will automatically consolidate your styles when publishing to keep your CSS nice and tidy.
Macaw now allows you to toggle the display and visibility of elements. These settings can be changed per breakpoint so you can build more complex design systems.
Now you can add videos, maps, iframes and custom HTML blocks to your document.
Responsive Backgrounds and Shadows
Background images, gradients and shadows are all now responsive. They can also be modified for every state.
- Fixed element renaming so that you can click on the suggestions to select them.
- Fixed tabbing/blur on element name, ID and variable fields so that keyboard shortcuts get enabled correctly.
- Added more logic for cleaning up any extra markup that might be added when pasting text into a text element.
- Fixed element ID field so that text doesn’t overflow outside of the field.
- Make sure that F8 can toggle the scripts panel open and closed.
- Fixed text calculations for number of characters and characters per line when the element changes in size.
- Make sure that when images are pasted that the their properties are calculated correctly.
- Fixed element order and parent/child relationships when copying and pasting groups.
- Fixed font size publish bugs.
- Ensure proper color properties.
OS X 10.8.5 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 43.2MB