Macaw 1.0.6 – The code-savvy web design tool
Stop writing code. Start drawing it.
Macaw provides the same flexibility as your favorite image editor but also writes semantic HTML and remarkably succinct CSS. It’s time to expect more from a web design tool.
Fluid canvas and grid
Macaw is engineered for fluid widths. Resize the canvas and your grids and elements will update accordingly.
Designing for different device sizes is tricky. Macaw lets you define arbitrary breakpoints and tweak properties for that specific width.
Macaw gives you access to your system fonts, a full library of web fonts and even allows you to pull in Typekit fonts. It also provides useful calculations like characters per line.
Building clickable prototypes in Macaw is as easy as clicking on a target, but it doesn’t stop there. You can also add more dynamic interactions with the scripting palette. Macaw will even autogenerate templates and jQuery variables for you.
Design more with less
Macaw lets you save common styles so that you can quickly apply them to elements across your document. Once applied, you can update all of the elements at once with the style editor.
Reusable components and assets
Have a complex element that you need to use on multiple pages? With Macaw you can store it in your library as a component and drag it on to any other page in your project.
- Publishing made up to 6x faster!
- Fixed issue where components were not being placed with static position.
- Fixed border radius selectors in the global styles dialog.
- Fixed canvas height bug where canvas would not scroll down far enough to see all elements.
- Fixed issue where image values were not correctly saved for publish.
- Fixed absolute positioned elements jumping between breakpoints.
- Fixed bug where undo after image edits would not regenerate the image.
- Fixed application crash when holding shift while resizing images.
- Addressed issue where center origin elements would jump on width changes.
- Fixed bug where global styles were not syncing correctly across pages.
- Ensure that current pages elements are correctly copied when duplicating pages.
- Make sure that eyedrop tool in the color picker updates the correct elements every time.
- Fixed issue where text shadows were incorrectly getting spread values applied causing them not to render.
- Make sure that elements don’t move inside containers that are copy/pasted.
- Prevent strange parent/child relationships when using the “Move Forward” and “Move Backward” commands.
- Throttle “Move Forward” and “Move Backward” commands to prevent negative element coordinates.
- Update Macaw so it better handles images with periods in the filenames.
- Make sure Macaw handles images with capitalized extensions.
- Fixed publishing so that it waits for all images to be copied/generated before showing the preview window.
- Make sure images get a frameHeight set whenever thier width changes.
- Excessive looping through overly specific selectors.
- Copy and paste enhancements.
- Improved coordinate calculations across breakpoints when drawing, pasting and moving elements.
- Component coordinates fixed.
- Improved publishing of paragraph tag selectors.
- Fixed body tag publishing when not consolidating styles.
- Prevent illegal class names.
- Fixed outline renaming field bug that appeared when scrollbars were present.
- Improved property distribution on lower breakpoints.
- Origin changing bug fixes which caused elements on other breakpoints to jump.
- Improved calculation of elements with relative positioning.
- Lock/unlock improvements.
- Fixed rem publishing on lower breakpoints.
- Fixed grid suffix changing on breakpoints.
- Improved calculations when grouping across breakpoints.
- Improved image calculations.
- Fixed bug that would show the View > Toggle Snap menu item checked when it was actually disabled.
- Updated position toggling to correctly adjust for page scroll when switching to/from fixed position.
- Browser prefixes for advanced properties.
- Improved percentage normalizing across breakpoints.
- Better property conservation of children elements across breakpoints when pasting.
- Fixed offline publishing issue where the preview window would stop working after publishing mutiple times.
- Feedback email address is now pre-filled with the current user’s email address.
- When renaming a page, all links that point to that page are updated.
- Changed the way center origin static elements are handled when overlapping other elements. they will now convert to left origins instead of converting to absolute positioning.
- Nudge and pudge have been modified to work with absolute coordinates for more intuitive moving of elements without affecting other elements.
OS X 10.8.5 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!