Macaw 1.0.12 – The code-savvy web design tool
Stop writing code. Start drawing it.
Macaw provides the same flexibility as your favorite image editor but also writes semantic HTML and remarkably succinct CSS. It’s time to expect more from a web design tool.
Fluid canvas and grid
Macaw is engineered for fluid widths. Resize the canvas and your grids and elements will update accordingly.
Designing for different device sizes is tricky. Macaw lets you define arbitrary breakpoints and tweak properties for that specific width.
Macaw gives you access to your system fonts, a full library of web fonts and even allows you to pull in Typekit fonts. It also provides useful calculations like characters per line.
Building clickable prototypes in Macaw is as easy as clicking on a target, but it doesn’t stop there. You can also add more dynamic interactions with the scripting palette. Macaw will even autogenerate templates and jQuery variables for you.
Design more with less
Macaw lets you save common styles so that you can quickly apply them to elements across your document. Once applied, you can update all of the elements at once with the style editor.
Reusable components and assets
Have a complex element that you need to use on multiple pages? With Macaw you can store it in your library as a component and drag it on to any other page in your project.
- Improved DOM sorting algorithm.
- Major speed enhancements.
- Better handling of freshly drawn elements across all breakpoints.
- Improved layout mechanics to maintain positioning across all breakpoints.
- ID’s can now be set in the inspector, which allows you to target elements via scripting or link to spots on the page.
- Full width grouping allows you to force a new container around elements with a 100% width.
- Better handling of center collisions on all breakpoints.
- Handle new breakpoint indices over 10 properly.
- Scoped snap guides.
- Prevent random NaN margins.
- Proper pasting of element widths when changing scope.
- Proper handling of shift-clicking elements in the outline to select a range.
- Improved history states for align operations.
- Improved pasting of auto heights.
- Check shadows and backgrounds properly when grouping and ungrouping.
- Fixed retina image height issue.
- Improved component placing.
- Improved paragraph rule writing.
- Improved sorting of media queries.
- Fixed pasted elements from one page into a container on another page.
- Disabled text editing on lower breakpoints for now.
- Added more checks to limit max breakpoint widths of 2000px.
- Fixed issue where hitting “return” for the first time in a text element wouldn’t break the text at the cursor position.
- Updated the script pane’s sidebar to scroll when the project has alot of variables/swatches.
- Fixed outline code hints so that they disappear on scroll of the outline.
- Fixed default checkbox label element name
- Fixed project migration backup so that it contains all project assets.
- Make sure that the library search input can be cleared.
- Cleaned up unnecessary history states.
- Fixed issue that prevented an mcw file from opening when dragged into the app when the current project was on a non-default breakpoint
- Fixed issue where single clicking while drawing would cause endless drawing of elements.
- Address issue where cropped images were changing in dimensions causing black areas.
- Make sure left, top, right and bottom values stay ‘auto’ when their xOrigin is center or yOrigin is middle respectively.
- Fixed issue where the grid would rerender incorrectly in the editor on publish.
- Address issue where “Drop to Import” was being triggered when the user dragged non-file elements in the application.
- Added threshold to outline moves to prevent accidental movement of layers when double clicking to rename.
- Updated text element editing to prevent empty text elements from being created when clicking outside of the currently focused text element.
- Fixed bug where tabbing through the element name, variable and ID fields would cause the editor’s interface to disappear.
OS X 10.8.5 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 43.3MB