Carbon Copy Cloner 6.0.5 – Easy-to-use backup/cloning utility
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you’re under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you’d spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system’s data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment’s notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- We added a new “macOS Downgrade Assistant” feature, accessible via CCC’s Utilities menu. The Downgrade Assistant can assess a backup volume’s compatibility with Migration Assistant, and will create macOS Installer media using a specified volume and installer application.
- We added another small new feature in the source and destination selectors. If the selected source or destination is a network volume, or a folder on a network volume, you can hold down the Option key to reveal a “Switch to AFP” or “Switch to SMB” menu item in the Source and Destination selectors. We frequently see slow performance and errors from SMB-mounted volumes, and we often recommend that people try “the other” protocol when the current protocol isn’t working out. Now we’ve made it really simple to switch between the two to see if using a different protocol will yield better results.
- Tasks in the sidebar can once again be arranged when the sidebar sorting is configured as “Manual”.
- Made some adjustments that should improve performance when a task is writing large files to a rotational destination. Made a separate adjustment that should improve performance when writing to ExFAT-formatted volumes.
- Fixed a display issue in the Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant that would occur when selecting a SoftRAID destination volume.
- Fixed an issue that arose recently in macOS Monterey that was causing failures while trying to configure new Remote Macintosh tasks.
- Fixed an issue affecting tasks configured to run “When the source or destination is remounted” in which the tasks would fail to run on volume appearance if the destination’s System volume had been removed.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- macOS 10.15 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 18.2MB