Author 9.0 – Augmented Text Word Processor
Greater control of the authorship process with Augmented Citation Copy, Augmented Glossary, Augmented Views, Cuttings & more.
When you are ready to share your work as a PDF you get an automatically created Reference section. You can also post to WordPress.
- Copy from PDF in the companion application Reader and paste as a full citation in Author
- Paste the BibTex or DOI from an academic PDF to have it automatically turn into a full citation
- Cite quickly and easily from Books, Web pages and YouTube videos (from specified time if desired)
- Citations can easily be moved around from one document to another by clicking on the citation and choosing ‘Copy Citation’.
Advanced Automatic Export Options
- Append References Section
- Create Cover Page
- Number Headings
- Specify how citations should appear: Author Date or Author Number
- Makes typed-out links live
- Option to have Visual-Meta attached
- Publish to WordPress: Supports multiple accounts and image attachments
- Dynamic View: Think freely without being constrained by the traditional columns of text. Mind map, concept map and jot down thoughts, right inside Author.
- Instant Outline: Pinch on your trackpad to fold the text to see just the headings. Pinch further in or out to see more or less headings
- Advanced Find: If you only want to see sentences with a specific keyword, select the keyword cmd-f to hide all the sentences which do not have the keyword will be hidden. Click on a sentence to jump to it, cmd-f again or ESC to return to the regular view.
- Magic Margins: Double click in the margins (in full screen mode) to jot down any notes. If the notes are also in the document they will be bold and you can double-click to see all their occurrences. Note: These margins do not follow your document when you scroll, they are separate, to allow you to have an always-available space to jot notes–hence they are not like traditional margins
- Everything you Cut (but not Copied) is remembered by Author. CMD-shift-v to see what you have Cut and choose what to paste
Modern & Minimalist
- Makes Author fast and gives you auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future)
- cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text, you cannot change the size, colour or font of specific text in Author, only make it bold and italic, since Author is a writing application, not a layout application so therefore gives you less things to unproductively fiddle with
- Reduces eye strain and supports native macOS Dark Mode
- Including complete citation information and internal links to them. Author is minimalist but not markdown.
- ESC to go into and out of full screen. It seems like a detail but is very helpful when going between focused writing and interacting with many documents.
A Liquid Product
- Integrated with Reader (PDF reader): Provides instant citations through simply copying and pasting text using the Visual-Meta method as described at http://www.liquid.info/scholarly-copy.html
- Integrated with Liquid actions: Provides hundreds of commands in less than one second on any selected text.
- Improved Export.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- macOS 12.0 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 5.8MB