TuneSpan 1.2.1 – Effortless iTunes media library management
TuneSpan allows you to browse and span the media in your iTunes Library.
To span your media means to distribute the files in your iTunes Library across multiple drives.
What does TuneSpan do?
TuneSpan helps you easily move the media files (Music, Movies, etc.) in your iTunes Library to multiple drives, avoiding the pitfalls of moving files manually. TuneSpan lets you browse and keep track of media in your iTunes Library on all drives, whether they’re connected or not, and makes it clear to you what is and isn’t currently available to play in iTunes. TuneSpan also offers sophisticated filtering options that aren’t available in iTunes.
How do I use TuneSpan?
To select some tracks, drag anything from the browsing area and drop it into the blue gradient Spanning Queue. You can drag Playlists, Media Types, Genres, Artists, Albums, Tracks, and Locations. To view your selection and remove tracks, just click the Spanning Queue.
To choose the location to move your selected media to, click the Span Location area in the bottom middle of TuneSpan. Or, you can drag-and-drop a folder from Finder.
Why do I need TuneSpan?
There are several reasons you may need TuneSpan:
- You’re running out of space. You have a big iTunes Library on your internal drive and you want to move some (or all) of it to an external drive. TuneSpan helps you do this easily and seamlessly while cleaning up after itself and allowing you to always keep track of where everything is.
- You store a lot of Movies/TV Shows in iTunes and you want to re-organize your media (i.e., move all your videos to an external drive). With TuneSpan, you can easily select a whole Media Type and move the files wherever you choose, while continually being able to see where the files are, move them around again, or restore them easily.
- You need more space temporarily. TuneSpan offers a fast way to move gigabytes of files in your iTunes Library to free up space. Later, you can easily restore your files to their original locations while keeping your iTunes Library perfectly intact.
- You regularly add new Music, Movies, Podcasts, etc. With TuneSpan you can easily move older media (or media you don’t listen to as much) to an external drive while keeping your default iTunes Media location the same. This way, new stuff goes where it should and there’s always room for more.
How does TuneSpan work?
The spanning process is simple. TuneSpan makes copies of your media files at the selected Span Location; none of your media files are ever deleted automatically. Once a file has been successfully copied, TuneSpan will set the new location in iTunes. That’s the spanning process for a track; copy its file and update its location in iTunes. By default, in the selected Span Location, TuneSpan will organize your files into folders just like iTunes. But, you can customize the folder organization in TuneSpan. After tracks have been successfully spanned, you can choose to have TuneSpan move the original files to the Trash, and even check for empty folders and move those to the Trash to help keep your system tidy.
TuneSpan does not directly modify the iTunes Library, but uses Apple Events (AppleScript) to set track locations.
And, you can keep working, playing, or enjoying your music in iTunes while TunesSpan does its job.
Is there anything TuneSpan can’t span?
Unfortunately, TuneSpan can’t span files that aren’t included in the readable XML iTunes Library file. TuneSpan has no access to the following files; they are left untouched and unchanged:
Mobile Apps, Rented Movies, Ring Tones, Text-Based Books, PDFs, iTunes LPs, and iTunes Extras
Also, for SD and HD versions of a video, only one at a time can be spanned (the one that’s currently selected in iTunes).
- Featured Addition: Create Custom Static Folders to add to your Spanned Media Folder Organization.
- Fixed various issues to support future versions of OS X.
- Added option to “Change Filenames Based on Current iTunes Metadata” in the Advanced Preferences.
- Improved Smart Album Column to show larger artwork more often and tweaked section layout.
- Fixed issue where TuneSpan would not prompt to Trash Files for Deleted Tracks on initial load after launching.
- Fixed issue with Album Artwork loading that could cause TuneSpan to stall.
- Fixed possible issue where tracks may not get properly marked as Spanned when recovering from a crash while spanning.
- Various other minor bug fixes and improvements.
OS X 10.8 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 5.2MB