DataGraph 3.2 – Simple and powerful graphing program
DataGraph is a powerful and easy to use graphing and charting application. DataGraph minimizes the fuss and frustration associated with creating clean and accurate publication quality graphs and charts. DataGraph also includes powerful function fitting and statistical analysis capabilities, which enables high quality analysis of the data. Import data from files, paste in numbers from a spreadsheet, and enter them in manually. Export graphics to files, or copy and paste into presentations.
DataGraph allows you to create in few clicks what would take a lot of tinkering to accomplish using most other tools. As you see in the screenshots below, you see the data table, drawing commands and the graph they generate in a single window. Changes in the data or drawing commands are immediately reflected in the graph. The drawing commands give you quick access to the main settings, and you can toggle them open to see all the settings at once.
There are over twenty drawing commands available, and all of them can be used simultaneously, and multiple times. Some draw data from the table, some fit data, compute statistics or are used to annotate or highlight regions of the graph. Everything is specified using exact coordinates so labels will stay at the point where you inserted them even when the axis changes.
DataGraph includes a number of data manipulation actions. You can map columns of data using analytical expressions, sort, filter, search+replace and create sub-tables of data. DataGraph has been highly optimized. Tables can have millions of rows, and drawing commands can handle large data sets at interactive speeds so you can resize a graph with hundreds of thousands of line segments just as easily as one with a few points.
DataGraph even works correctly with multiple formats of calendar dates, such as: “6/15 2002”, “15/6 2002” and “June 15, 2002”, and automatically picks tick marks that go from years, down to minutes and seconds based on the range.
A partial list of DataGraph’s functionality is:
- Column types are number, text, dates, expression.
- Fit functions: line, polynomial, power, exponential and an arbitrary function with undetermined coefficients that will be optimized.
- Pivot Table for data analysis
- Import text files (tab, comma or space separated), netCDF data files, matlab binary files and Cricket Graph data files.
- Export graphics as pdf, eps or bitmaps in any resolution.
- Export animations as QuickTime movies.
- Histogram, including kernel density, and box and whisker plots to analyze distributions. Compute medians, means, standard deviations, etc.
- Plot, scatter, lines, draw analytic functions that can be changed using sliders. All the standard analytical functions are defined.
- Multiple x and y axis, overlapping (e.g. double y) and side by side.
- CMYK colors
- Unicode support, can write mathematical expressions and easy to add greek characters, superscripts, subscripts.
- Text labels can include statistics and fit results.
- Use a mask to work on a sub set of the data
- Vary point color based on data/labels
- Vary point sizes based on data.
DataGraph is created by the same company that made DataTank, a high end scientific application which won the Apple Design Awards in 2005 as the best Mac OS X Scientific Computing Solution.
- Pivot Table command great for data analysis.
- Hover information to inspect data in a plot.
- A new method to import text files.
- Runs faster when you have large data sets.
- Improvements to basically every drawing command.
- More formatting options.
- More operations to edit data, automatically fill in entries etc using menu and context menu entries.
- Can label graphs and export multiple graphs at the same time.
- New advanced importer
- Style settings
- Select row
- Mask improvements
- Axis number improvements
- Added more LaTeX symbols
- Improved expression column
- Other improvements
- Bug fixes
Intel, OS X 10.6.6 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!