Find & Replace It! 2.0.9 – An advanced search-and-replace solution for your files
It even handles batch processing of the encoding of files, as well as of types of end-of-lines.
- Handles more than 50 different kinds of text encodings. If your are stucked with some UTF-8 encoding, some Chinese contents or any others non ASCII encodings, Find & Replace It! is the solution for you. It also handles the different kinds of end-of-line.
- Handles huge files. If you want to process any kind of dump files containing tons of text, like a log of 10 GB, Find & Replace It! will do it for you.
- Provides a regular expression editor. This editor offers tools to easily build regular expressions even if you are a newby.
- Provides a find & replace preview. The preview window gives you an immediate feed-back that makes easy to check the impact of your replacement within any file without modifying its content. This is especially usefull whenever you are searching for a complex expression and you don’t want to replace it blindly in many files.
- The option “Use preferred text encoding if no acceptable codec is detected” does the opposite to what it should (uses the preferred codec on binary files, but not on text files).
- The preferred codec, used by default when detecting the encoding of a file for which no acceptable codec was found, is not anymore cached. Thus, running a detection with a new preferred codec, updates the default codec used on such a file.
- Fix several typos in the user’s manual.