plugSHIELD 1.70 – Prevent plug & mount attempts from USB slot
As long as plugSHIELD is running, no one can plug and copy anything from your Mac!
Attention: (feed back to user’s review), please just disable the app’s dock icon from setting(default) to make plugSHIELD can NOT be simply FORCE QUIT either.
Remember how in the movie Iron Man, Stark’s girlfriend managed to steal all of the bad guy’s data with a flash drive? You may not be up to villainous deeds, but you probably still want your files safe and secure from any potential thieves.
While activated, plugSHIELD will shut down any plug & mount attempts from USB, firewire, memory card and other ports. Your mac will refuse to accept portable devices plugged into it, be it a USB flash drive, an SD card, or a firewire removable hard disk.
Also, as a bonus, you may give your iPod or other device a real quite power charge without iTunes pop out. The device will be power charged only and can be freely plugged or unplugged at anytime.
With the selectable options of beep, alert and file logging, you may use plugSHIELD on either personal or public computers for any kind of legal usage, and as plugSHIELD can record information on the suspicious device and report it back to you, so you can track the thief down.
- refuse plug & mount attempt from flash drive and movable disk;
- protect against unwanted intrusions using mobile storage devices on your mac;
- protects your secrets and privacy;
- refuse with switchable beep sound and pop out alert dialog;
- switchable log option write any attempt to log file, focus your intruder;
- app’s quit was password protected;
- dock icon can be hidden;
- deprecated code updated for Keychain wrapper
- show control panel added to dock menu and main menu
- dark mode supported
- status menu bar icon matches macOS not only dark mode but also the wallpaper light/dark setting
- More by dragonBTV menu updated
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- macOS 11.0 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 3MB