Desktop Tidy 2.0 – Organize and clean your desktop
Desktop Tidy maintains a “Shadow Desktop”, moving any files found on your actual Desktop and keeping it completely clear. This doesn’t mean the files are harder to find because Desktop Tidy provides direct access to the files via a status menu icon, and also helps organise the files with the use of customisable filters. For example, you may only be interested in locating an image that was on your desktop, the built in Images filter will help you locate the file quickly and effortlessly.
You can view a screencast of Desktop Tidy in action by clicking the screencast link on our product website:
- Keep your Desktop completely clear, whilst still having easy access to the files you place on it
- Customisable Quick Filters help you locate files of specific types
- Adjustable Date Filter hides files that haven’t been used for a while when browsing the Shadow Desktop
- Grouping and sorting options make locating files quicker still
- Automatic Tidying prevents clutter building up
- Ignore List allows specific files or folders to remain on the Desktop
- Desktop Tidy shows you how much disk space the files in your Shadow Desktop occupy at a glance
- One click restore moves files back to the Desktop and adds them to the Ignore List
- One click function to reveal any file or folder from the Shadow Desktop in Finder
- One click function to move any file or folder from the Shadow Desktop to the Trash
- Growl integration allows Desktop Tidy to keep you informed without getting in the way
- Desktop Tidy can be configured to ignore aliases, folders or hidden files automatically
- Enjoy your Desktop wallpaper again!
Desktop Tidy can keep on top of things to ensure your Desktop never becomes untidy. Configure Desktop Tidy to periodically tidy any files on the Desktop into the Shadow Desktop folder and your desktop will always be clear of clutter. The tidying frequency can be configured, from every minute up to once a week. If Desktop Tidy finds files or folders that are currently being modified, it skips them and then monitors to clean them up when the changes are complete.
Rapid Access To Files:
Just because Desktop Tidy has relocated your files it doesn’t mean they are difficult to locate. Once Desktop Tidy has moved the files to your Shadow Desktop, it provides direct access to the files via the status menu. Files can be filtered so that older files are hidden, and Quick Filters help you locate files of specific types. Desktop Tidy makes it easy to open files, delete them, reveal them in Finder or restore them back to the Desktop for simple and convenient access to the files it has moved.
Quick Filters help you locate files of a specific type, and they are customisable so you can make it simple to find the files that are important to you. Create your own Quick Filters and specify which file extensions should be included. You will then have instant access to those files straight from the Desktop Tidy menu. Files found by Quick Filters can be grouped by folder or type, or sorted alphabetically.
Restore Files With Ease:
If Desktop Tidy moves a file or folder you wanted to remain on your Desktop, it can be restored quickly and easily by holding CTRL and clicking the item from the Desktop Tidy menu. The file is moved back to your Desktop and added to the Ignore List so that it is not relocated again.
You can configure Desktop Tidy to overwrite, keep both (adding a postfix to the new file) or ignore files that already exist in the Shadow Desktop.
- OS X 10.9 support
- Versatile new Shadow Desktop browsing interface
- Drag and drop
- Can now search the Shadow Desktop
OS X 10.5 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 2.6MB