BetterZip 5.3 – Archive inspection tool
BetterZip lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting their contents.
- Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don’t have to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
- Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, XAR, GZip, BZip2, RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX.
- Create Archives: Simply drag files and folders from your hard drives, disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to copy all the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats are ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, XAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR (using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be split.
- Protect Your Data: BetterZip can protect your data with a password and create WinZip compatible AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected.
- Update Archives: Add new or updated files to existing archives. Remove any file or folder from an archive, or even move files around inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
- Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac specific files and resource forks from archives for best compatibility with systems like Windows or Linux.
- Added option to not have an icon in the Finder contextual menu. (BetterZip > Preferences > Advanced)
- Added a size limit for tar archives to be listed in the Quick Look extension. Since compressed tar files can take a time proportionate to their size to list, it can stall the system for a long time, if you try to Quick Look a very large archive. If you ever run into this problem, set an MB limit in BetterZip > Preferences > Quick Look.
- The set password button in the preset configuration was disabled without a hint why, when the password manager was locked. This should be easier to understand now.
- The columns in the presets table were too narrow and some headers were cut off.
- Increased the size of the Quick Look panel and optimized column widths.
- When BetterZip was installed in a folder with a space character in its name, extracting tar based formats could crash BetterZip.
- Since the rar commandline utility is now available as Intel or Apple Silicon executable, BetterZip can download, install, and update the version fitting your Mac.
- The AppleScript unarchive option “receptacle” did not work.
- Rewrote the Alfred workflows, since macOS no longer bundles Python 2.
- ISO files were mounted as .BetterZipTempfolder; now the volume name will be the filename without extension.
- The option “Don’t include the single root folder in the archive” prevented the display of the save panel when compressing a single folder.
- Fixed some string translations.
- The icon for the “files” preferences tab was missing.
- Quarantining extracted executables did not work under certain conditions.
- In save panels, the automatic loading of a preset that does not use zip format could lead to a double extension, e.g., name.zip.rar.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- macOS 10.13 or later
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 23.9MB