Adobe XD CC 1.0.12 – Design, test, and prototype both websites and mobile applications
Adobe XD CC (formerly known as Adobe Experience Design CC) aims to provide full support to UX designers that are trying to improve the way in which users interact with their product. The app allows you to develop both websites and mobile apps and helps you test the outcome and generate prototypes.
UX design tool that can help you develop projects for specific devices
Right off the bat, Adobe XD CC makes you decide if you want to develop projects for iPhone, iPad or web. In addition, you can opt for custom size boards. However, within the designer area, you can add artboards of various sizes.
The Adobe XD CC user interface is separated in two main tabs: one that allows you to deal with the design aspect of your project, and the other to help you configure the associated prototype.
Adobe XD CC permits you to test the outcome in a separate window, and you get to both interact with and record the activity and share the capture with your client or other team members.
Manage your design projects with intuitive drag and drop movements
Within the Adobe XD CC canvas area, you get to add new elements with the help of basic vector drawing tools, combine them any way you like, import images with simple drag and drop actions, create wireframes, and so on.
The same rules apply when adding interactions and animations to your project in the prototype area. Just establish connections between your artboards using the mouse, and employ the contextual menu to manage the animations.
Worth mentioning is that, since the Adobe XD CC project is still under heavy development, some of the editing functions one would expect are not yet included, but working with the application is quite intuitive.
Share your project’s prototype via the Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe XD CC allows you to export your project’s design to a PNG image file, or you can record your interaction with the prototype to an MOV video file.
Nevertheless, you can also use your Creative Cloud account to share the prototypes directly with your team. Just use the Share command to generate a public URL and preview the prototype in a web browser.
- Switch from design to prototype mode with a single click, and connect artboards to communicate the flow and paths of multiscreen apps. Connect design elements from one artboard to another, including Repeat Grid cells. Add interactions with intuitive visual controls to test and validate the experience.
Publish prototypes for feedback:
- Generate shareable web links to get feedback on your designs, or embed them on Behance or a web page. Reviewers can comment directly on your prototypes and specific parts of your design. You’ll get notified when they make comments, and they can simply refresh their browsers to see your changes.
Fast, versatile artboards:
- Whether you’re working with one artboard or a hundred, XD gives you the same fast performance. Design for different screens and devices. Pan and zoom without lag time. Choose from preset sizes or define your own, and copy between artboards without losing placement of your design elements.
- Select items in your design, such as a contact list or photo gallery, and replicate them horizontally or vertically as many times as you want — all your styles and spacing stay intact. Update an element once and your changes will update everywhere.
- Adobe XD natively supports Windows 10 (Universal Windows Platform) and Mac, with companion mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- Make colors and character styles easily available for reuse by adding them to the Assets panel (formerly the Symbols panel), which automatically includes symbols. Edit any color or character style in the panel and the changes will be reflected throughout your document.
- Save time with symbols, reusable design elements that eliminate the need to find and edit each instance of an asset across a document. Update one and they’ll update everywhere, or choose to override specific instances. Symbols can be vector graphics, raster images, or text objects, and they can also be used as objects within Repeat Grids.
Creative Cloud Libraries:
- With Creative Cloud Libraries integration, you can access and apply raster images, colors and character styles created in Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and other Creative Cloud applications from inside XD, and reuse them anywhere in your documents.
Contextual Property Inspector:
- Work in an uncluttered space thanks to the context-aware Property Inspector, which only displays options for the objects you’ve selected. Modify properties like border color and thickness, fill colors, shadows, blurs, opacity, and rotation, and access options for alignment, dimensions, and Repeat Grid.
Smart canvas navigation:
- Easily zoom in on a specific area of your design, or make a selection on an artboard and use a shortcut to zoom right to it. Pan or zoom with your mouse, touchpad, or keyboard shortcuts. And get great performance even if you have hundreds of artboards.
- Stay organized and focused while managing complex designs thanks to a contextual approach to layers. XD highlights only the layers associated with the artboard you’re working on, so you can quickly and easily find what you need.
Layout guidance tools:
- Seamlessly draw, reuse, and remix design elements using snap-to grids and other intuitive layout tools that help you create relative measurements between objects, mask with shapes, group, lock, align, and distribute design elements, and more.
- Quickly blur a specific object or an entire background to change the focal point of your design, giving it depth and dimension.
Versatile linear gradients:
- Create beautiful linear gradients using simple yet precise visual controls in the Color Picker. You can also import gradients from Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC.
Modern Pen tool:
- Draw shapes and paths easily with the Pen tool. Use custom paths, add or remove anchor points, easily manipulate lines, and switch between curved and angled paths — all with the same tool.
Boolean group editing:
- Create and experiment with complex shapes by combining groups of objects using non-destructive Boolean operators.
- Style text with precise control to enhance the user experience. Easily adjust typographical elements like font, typeface, size, alignment, character spacing, and line spacing. Change the appearance of your text the same way you change other elements in XD like opacity, fill, background and blur effects, and borders.
Streamlined color control:
- Pick colors by entering exact values or by sampling from inside or outside XD with the Eyedropper. Create and save color swatches, and use shortcuts for hexadecimal codes in the Color Picker.
- Quickly design and prototype for Apple iOS, Google Material Design, and Microsoft Windows devices using high-quality user interface components.
Copy and paste from other design apps:
- Bring artwork into XD from Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC.
In-context iOS and Android previews:
- Preview your designs and all interactions on the actual devices you’re targeting. Make changes on the desktop and then test them on your devices for fidelity and usability.
- Automatically highlight the hotspots in your prototype so users can see which areas are interactive and clickable.
- Create multiple URLs from the same file to share different versions of your prototype. Share an unlimited number of prototypes, and easily access and delete them from your Creative Cloud account.
Record prototype interactions as videos:
- As you click through your preview, record an MP4 file to share with your team or stakeholders (Mac only).
Export artwork, assets, and artboards:
- Export images and designs in PNG and SVG formats, which you can configure for iOS, Android, web, or your own custom settings. Export an entire artboard or individual elements. And share assets and artboards by exporting them as individual PDF files or as a single PDF file.
- Supported languages include English, French, German, Japanese, and Korean.
OS X 10.11 or later
Size – 504.5MB